We’re planning a Spring Cleanup at Coliseum Park for this Saturday May 8th, at 8 AM.
Here’s the proposed task list:
- Pick up poo
- Restock bag dispenser
- General sweeping & trash
- Trash in EL support ‘pockets’
- Rake pea gravel
- Gravel shoveling back to gravel areas
- Powerwash hard surfaces
- Powerwash gravel
- Install fencing fabric
- Block off area around drain
- Resurface area around north drain
- Fencing spot repairs (e.g. where torn, use wire)
- Remove nanny sign (‘Pick Up’)
- Rust remover or steel wool on water fountain
- Remove the ‘DogPAC’ banner
- Remove old GotAMinutes and replace with new GotAMinutes
- Cleanup area outside but bordering the DFA fence
- Spray clean benches
- Paint water fountain.
- Cut the chain lock on the ‘Shed’
- Move the ‘Shed’ into the Sequestered area and re-lock
- Repair the fence support cup on the South end
c) Planning & Discussion
- Plan installation of concrete/stone shelf at south end gravel area
- Discuss resurfacing the gravel triangles by the water fountain
- Plan device to prevent small dog escape at the gate-gaps
A couple of issues:
- We will be supplying a powerwasher, but I don’t think any of us knows how to use it yet. Hijinks ensue.
- We want to install fencing ‘fabric’ to prevent gravel drift out of the dog run. But don’t really know what to purchase yet.
- None of us knows anything concrete about asphalt surface repair. We’ll talk to the guys and gals at the big box store.
So… if you think you could help in planning what we need to do on Saturday, yes, we need your help, and welcome it.
Comments, call, tweet, or email!